Upload Your Proposal or Application Here.
Below you'll find active and ongoing Calls to Artists, Requests for Proposals and Applications for various programs at the Durango Arts Center. Select the opportunity below to view guidelines and application requirements.
Once you select a submission opportunity below, you must then create a free Submittable account to get started. Your account will allow you to save/review your work before submitting, view your application status and even find more opportunities at other organizations. For a quick how-to on creating an account, see here: http://help.submittable.com/knowledgebase/articles/225218-how-do-i-submit.
GUIDELINES AND RULES
- Only original plays, never before produced or published, are eligible.
- Each play should require two to four characters, and minimal props and costumes.
- The play, exclusive of title and cast description pages, must be no more than ten pages.
- Authors may submit more than one play (see entry fee below), but each play must include a separate entry fee.
- DO NOT PUT AUTHOR'S NAME, ADDRESS, OR ANY CONTACT INFORMATION ON ANY PAGE OF SCRIPT.
- AUTHOR'S NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE and EMAIL should be on a separate page and be downloaded as a SEPARATE FILE, FILE #1!
- FILE #2 should be the SCRIPT; again, WITHOUT ANY CONTACT INFORMATION.
- The PLAY'S TITLE and PAGE NUMBERS MUST be included on every page of script.
- Page 1 should list the cast of characters and a description of the setting.
- Page 2 should be the first page of the script. The other pages of the play follow.
** If plays submitted are not in the required format, they will not be entered into the contest and the $12 entry fee is forfeited.
THE JUDGING PROCESS
- All plays will be evaluated blindly by a panel of judges. The name and address of the writer will not appear on the scripts received by the judges. (Playwrights are required in "Submission Format" section above to include name and address ONLY on title page, which is removed from script before distributing to judges.)
- 10 - 20 semi-finalists will be selected. 7 - 10 finalists will be selected from the semi-finalists.
- Only the finalists will be notified if their plays have been selected.
- Chosen at the Staged Readings in the spring, the Grand Prize Winner will receive an award of $500 and the People's Choice Award will receive an award of $100. Both plays will receive a full production in the 10-Minute Play Festival in the fall.
- Chosen at the Staged Readings in the spring, 3 - 4 plays (in addition to the Grand Prize and People's Choice Award winners) will receive a full production in the 10-Minute Play Festival in the fall, with an accompanying prize of $25.
- AFTER the Staged Readings, the winners and finalists will be posted on the Durango Arts Center website.
- All winning plays, finalists, and semi-finalists agree to permit the Durango Arts Center to produce their plays without compensation if the DAC chooses to do so. Author's retain copyright and full ownership of their plays.
- If a play submitted wins another contest, is produced or is published before the entry deadline, the play will be withdrawn from the contest.
- Plays must be submitted by February 29, 2020.
Durango Arts Center is currently accepting proposals from artists and curators for exhibits in the Barbara Conrad and Entrada Galleries for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Entries are welcome from artists and curators of all career stages and in all mediums and themes for group and solo shows.
All Media Accepted:
Artists are encouraged to submit their current body of work or concept for an upcoming project, installation, performance, etc. The proposed project does not need to fill the entire space. Exhibits will be curated from the proposed work. Artists will be paired according to the Exhibits Committee and Exhibits Director's input.
Curators are encouraged to think big about collaborative exhibition ideas and to connect with the Durango and surrounding communities through their artist selection, theme, and/or partnerships.
Proposals are $15 for current DAC Members. $30.00 Proposal Processing Fee for Non-Members
Deadline to apply is July 1st, 2019 for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Submissions will be reviewed by the DAC Exhibits Committee and Exhibits Director by the end of August and notifications will be sent on or before October 1st, 2019.
The Durango Arts Center's Exhibits Program believes the open call for proposals is integral to the full creative development of our community. Exhibits will be selected to support the growth of ideas and interests of local artists at all stages of their career by providing exhibition opportunities. We are also interested in fostering our local arts community by presenting interesting contemporary artwork from out of the area to continually bring new creative ideas, concepts, and methods to our local artists and arts advocates.
DAC is a multi-faceted hub for community arts that hosts and promotes contemporary visual and performing arts, arts education, dynamics exhibits, an active Docent program and the annual Durango Autumn Arts Festival. Over the years, DAC has built its reputation as a local arts industry leader and has been working diligently to ensure that the arts continue to thrive in the Four Corners region and beyond.
The Durango Arts Center enriches the community through innovative visual and performing art, and arts education. DAC advances appreciation and participation in the arts as a cultural leader in the region.
The Durango Arts Center strives to be a cultural destination and a creative catalyst, inspiring our community through engagement in the arts.
A Little History:
Since the late 1960s, the Durango Arts Center (DAC) has worked to promote the exploration, education, enrichment and enjoyment of the arts as a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 organization. What is affectionately known throughout the Four Corners as “DAC,” the Arts Center actually has a founding history rich in the support and development of the arts in this region that reaches back several decades. DAC in current day is the result of a confluence of two agencies – the Durango Fine Arts Council (DFAC) and the Durango Artists Association (DAA) – both created in the 1960’s to develop and promote regional activity and interest in the arts.
Proposal Questions? Please contact Julia@DurangoArts.org
Note: We are working on updating Gallery Blueprints. These will be available when complete.