Unless you were invited to apply, artists must contact Exhibits Director, Peter Hay, to inquire about Winter Solstice Artisans' Market by emailing email@example.com or (970) 259-2606 Ext. 12.
2018 WINTER SOLSTICE ARTISANS' MARKET
A signature community event, the Durango Arts Center’s Winter Solstice Artisans’ Market (WSAM) is a much anticipated destination for holiday shopping amongst locals and visitors. WSAM provides artists and craftspeople a unique opportunity to sell work through DAC in a 4-week long professional market setting, with DAC providing marketing to its 1200+ membership and the community at-large. DAC retains 40% commission of artist sales, which serves to support the costs of the market and the dynamic, year-round exhibition program that welcomes over 8300 visitors annually.
WHO IS IN CHARGE OF WINTER SOLSTICE?
Peter Hay, DAC Exhibits Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 259-2606 Ext. 12.
2018 WINTER SOLSTICE MARKET DATES
Friday, November 23 – Saturday, December 22, 2018
Opens Friday, November 23 at 10:00 a.m. // Closes Saturday, December 22 at 5:00 p.m.
Market is open Monday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (with occasional late nights for special events, such as Noel Night, Dec 1).
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: 10/26/18 @Midnight
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
Friday, October 26th @ Midnight
Deadline for registration, complete digital registration, and entry fee (membership payment if applicable).
Saturday, October 27th
Winter Solstice Inventory Spreadsheets (Google Sheet) will be emailed to all registered artists on or before October 26th, along with detailed instructions on how to input your inventory.
Tuesday, November 6th
Deadline to submit artwork inventory spreadsheet to DAC. Please email inventory to email@example.com. Call Peter with questions, (970) 259-2606, Ext 12
Saturday, November 10th
DAC will prepare labels of each artist’s inventory, available for pick-up at DAC 10 a.m. to 5pm
Saturday, November 17th
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., drop-off all labeled artwork at DAC. A drop off time sign up sheet will be emailed out with registratio info. Please sign up for a time to help spread the artwork drop off thorughout the day and not all at one time.
Friday, November 23nd
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Opening of Market!!!! Tell your friends and family there is a Black Friday alternative!
Saturday, December 22nd
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., LAST DAY OF WSAM
Sunday, December 23rd
11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., pick-up unsold artwork inventory at DAC. There will be a pickup time sign up sheet emailed out a few week before the end of the market. Please sign up for a time to help spread the pick up congestion.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Complete your registration by October 26th, 2018.
"Complete Registration" requires the following:
- Filling out the entry form on this screen, scroll down.
- Paying entry fee and membership if needed.
NOTE: Completing the online form below does not conclude your registration. Your registration is complete when the appropriate payment has both been received by the DAC.
Durango Arts Center, 802 E. 2nd Ave, Durango, CO 81301
If you are not currently a Durango Arts Center Member your Non-member registration fee of $125 will automatically include an Artist Level membership, which will be active for 1 year. As a member you will receive a higher commission fee (60%) on artwork sold, in addition to other benefits. To learn more about DAC membership visit: http://durangoarts.org/join-as-a-member/
- DAC Member Entry Fee: $75
- Non-Member Entry Fee: $125
If your payment is not received by the October 26th deadline, you will not be included in the market.
2. By Saturday, Oct. 27th, 2018 DAC will email you a specific inventory spreadsheet form through Google. Each artist must complete this Google Sheet in full, itemizing all of your merchandise that will be for sale. Each artist may enter up to 200 items. No other spreadsheet will be accepted aside from the one that DAC supplies.
Please email completed inventory form to Exhibits Director, Peter Hay, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Tuesday, November 6, 2018. Please follow the instructions and be certain all information is correct!
3. DAC will enter your inventory into our system and then create artwork labels for artists to pick-up by Saturday, November 10, 2018. Each label will include your artist code, a short description of the item and the retail price. Artists are responsible for affixing these labels to their artwork prior to drop-off at DAC. Artwork will not be accepted without labels.
4. All artwork must be brought to DAC on Saturday, November 17, 2017 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. An exhibits committee member will assist each artist to check-in the work. Artist may install their own display, but must remain flexible to fitting all artists' work into the show and merchandising the space to disperse artwork throughout the space. DAC will provide pedestals, plexi-glass displays and tables with black cloths, but if you require a specialized display, please supply it! Please call or email Exhibits Director to discuss specialized displays prior to installation day.
5. Artists must be willing to sign up for Market sales and assistance at least one shift per week during the Market. Shifts are either 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., November 23 – December 22. A Google Sheet with all available dates will emailed and each artist is responsible for signing up for their respective shifts. Shifts will require different numbers of shop volunteers. This will be listed on the Google Sheet.
Thank you for taking part in Winter Solstice Artisans’ Market 2017!
By Submitting this online form, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the above text as it applies to the 2018 Winter Solstice Artisans' Market.